Explore the world of “Catch Me If You Can” through these compelling quotes that reflect the film’s exceptional scriptwriting. Directed by Steven Spielberg and starring Leonardo DiCaprio and Tom Hanks, this American crime thriller brings to life the remarkable true story of Frank Abagnale Jr. From his daring escapades as a Pan American World Airways pilot to his collaboration with the FBI, each quote encapsulates the gripping narrative of deception and pursuit. With DiCaprio’s charismatic portrayal of Frank and Hanks’ portrayal of the determined FBI agent Carl Hanratty, the film captures the essence of a captivating cat-and-mouse game set against the backdrop of 1960s America. Released in 2002 to critical and commercial success, “Catch Me If You Can” continues to captivate audiences with its engaging storyline, stellar performances, and memorable quotes.
Catch Me If You Can Quotes From Movie
1. ❝You’re not a cop! My landlord told me you were not a cop. Well, if you’re going to arrest me, I’d like to put on a different suit if that’s okay with you.❞— Frank Abagnale Sr., ‘Catch Me If You Can’.
2. ❝Where are you going tonight, Frank? Someplace exotic? Tahiti, Hawaii?❞— Frank Abagnale Sr., ‘Catch Me If You Can’.
3. ❝No, no. I’m not here to arrest you. I’m looking for your son. He’s in trouble. Do you know where he is?❞— Carl Hanratty, ‘Catch Me If You Can’.
4. ❝Frank Abagnale: You know why the Yankees always win, Frank?
– Frank Abagnale Jr.: ‘Cause they have Mickey Mantle?
Frank Abagnale: No, it’s ’cause the other teams can’t stop staring at those damn pinstripes.❞– ‘Catch Me If You Can’.
More Catch Me If You Can Quotes
5. ❝Dear Mom and Dad, I understand your worrying, but I’m not about to let life just pass me by.❞
6. ❝There’s nothing more enticing to a man than a woman who has her own sense of adventure.❞
7. ❝I didn’t lie because I was evil. I lied because I loved adventure and the thrill of being someone else.❞
8. ❝The beauty of deception lies in the fact that it changes everyone involved, both the deceiver and the deceived.❞
9. ❝Nothing is more exhilarating than living on the edge, knowing that at any moment your whole world could come crashing down.❞
10. ❝The world may label me a criminal, but I see myself as an artist, painting my own reality.❞
11. ❝Money may come and go, but the experiences and memories we create are priceless.❞
12. ❝Our mistakes define us just as much as our successes; it’s how we learn and grow.❞
13. ❝A man’s alter ego is nothing more than his favorite image of himself.❞
14. ❝He doesn’t have a passport.
Carl Hanratty : For the last six months, he’s gone to Harvard and Berkeley. I’m betting he can get a passport.❞
15. ❝People who take risks like Amy Winehouse and Norah Jones take a second to catch on, but eventually they do because they’re different and honest in a musical landscape that’s not always like that.❞
16. ❝Curran looked at me. What the hell was I supposed to do, catch the werebison as he was falling?❞
17. ❝The smile on your face lets me know that you need me, there’s a truth in your heart that says you’ll never leave me, and the touch of your hand says you’ll catch me whenever I fall.❞
18. ❝If you were ever to interview me after a football game or at a football game or around me during football season is totally different than when you catch me away from football.❞
19. ❝If you could forget who you think you are, you might catch up with who you really are and can’t see.❞
20. ❝Words are like gems to me … imagine yourself walking through a very shallow stream and picking up beautiful stones that catch your eye … that’s what names are like for me.❞
21. ❝If I have on a bright red lip, you’ll rarely ever catch me with eyeshadow on. It’s one or the other for me – pick one feature for the day and really focus on that.❞
22. ❝In the unlikely event that she does escape me, I will inform you all. If you catch her, you are to detain her and return her to me.” His eyes glowed like the fires of hell. “She is not to be harmed in any way, or so help you God, you will regret it until your last breath.❞
23. ❝I have to shoot without any breaks. I yell at Herzog and hit him. I have to fight for every sequence. I wish Herzog would catch the plague, more than ever.❞
24. ❝The idea that I could work wonders as the Lord flutters through my mind like a glamorous butterfly. I hasten to catch it, but it escapes into the depths of my mind.❞
25. ❝It is with eight lengthy legs we use to catch food, balance and knit a beautiful silk bed,but as babies we had lost our bones and skin, and hence our legs we had shed.❞
26. ❝The Wahhabists are the boogeymen, the guys who will chop the head off any American they catch. And they will destroy Iraq without a second thought if they believe that the instability will benefit them.❞
27. ❝I had written a novel that was more of a classic linear novel, and I worked on it and worked on it for years, and it always seemed like it wouldn’t catch fire. At a certain point I just scrapped it all, and I kept maybe 15 percent of it, and I wrote those parts out on note cards.❞
28. ❝She was my gravity, the very thing that kept me grounded. And I was hers, and I no longer wanted her to feel like she was falling. She was mine to catch. To steady. To hold.❞
29. ❝Life is rather like a long train ride; you may encounter a great many people, but looking out from your own small compartment of self you catch only a glimpse of other people’s joy or despair.❞
30. ❝The attempt at introspective analysis … is in fact like seizing a spinning top to catch its motion, or trying to turn up the gas quickly enough to see the darkness.❞